Stop the spread – New restrictions in Banff
Banff Town Council added a number of measures through bylaws that came into effect Thursday (Dec. 3) at noon:
- Restaurants and bars are required to limit their occupancy to 50% of normal fire code limit, which includes staff.
- Liquor and cannabis stores are required to close to the public at or before 10 p.m., and they are not permitted to offer delivery or pick-up services after 10 p.m.
Banff Mask Bylaw revised
The mandatory mask bylaw is expanded to cover more of the downtown area and all of Banff Avenue - masks must be worn outside. This adds to the existing requirement for masks to be worn inside all publicly accessible buildings and outside on sidewalks and in the downtown core. Updates made last week removed bandannas and scarves from options for mandatory face coverings. Based on new science provided by top health officials, the bylaw now requires people to wear a close-fitting mask to be worn over the nose and under the chin. View a map of the expanded area at banff.ca/COVIDmasks.
Businesses can download and print a new poster at banff.ca/COVIDmasks or request a printed poster by emailing email@example.com.
Provincial public health orders
The Province of Alberta has authorized Community Peace Officers to monitor and enforce the provincial public health orders. Town bylaw officers are assisting RCMP in patrolling and enforcing provincial orders, such as:
- Social gatherings are limited to 10 people in public areas outdoors
- No social gatherings in homes or hotel rooms
- Restaurants and bars must stop serving alcohol at 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m.
- In restaurants and bars everyone must be seated and tables are limited to 6 people and must be from the same household
- Retail shops are limited to 25% of the customers they normally allow under fire code.
To determine your limited occupancy, email FireDept@banff.ca.
Call for Help
If you need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for anyone who needs assistance, those in isolation or seeking safe isolation space, and those needing groceries/prescriptions delivered. Email email@example.com or call 403.762.1251.
Visit banff.ca/COVIDhelp for additional resources.