Construction Activity: August 4 - 8
- Bear Street is closed to all vehicular traffic.
- The underground parkades are not accessible by vehicle.
- Caribou Street intersection is closed to vehicular traffic.
- Wolf Street intersection is closed to vehicular traffic.
- Mid-block crosswalk(s) may be closed as needed.
- Replacement of water and sanitary sewer systems are ongoing.
- Access to some buildings will be required, to continue the temporary water connections. Intermittent service disruption may occur and will be planned with each building affected.
- Wastewater/sanitary sewer flows may be by-passed during connections, but service to buildings will not be interrupted.
- Small sidewalk areas may be demolished adjacent to some buildings.
- Brand New Bear fence scrim will be added to new fenced area.
- The temporary sidewalks will be re-levelled and re-compacted throughout the week. Expect vibrations.
- Expect road closures, sidewalk detours, vibrations, noise and dust.
The construction phases in the subsequent weeks will have an impact on public access to businesses, especially for businesses without secondary access. Phases are separated by up to a week. This is the sequence for construction activity that will cause disruption:
- Removal of water connection point (only where applicable)
- Connections from building to storm sewer (only where applicable)
- Soil Cells (only where applicable)
- Landscaping (only where applicable)
- Construction of road base
- Installation of pavers
We are working with businesses without secondary access to plan work with minimal disruption, but since many neighbouring businesses have conflicting open hours, accommodation is not always possible.Parkade closures
With the parkades closing for at least the next month for the Bear Street Mall and the Town House Building, property owners and tenants seeking alternative parking options are to contact their building landlord to have Municipal Enforcement permit registered vehicles
to park in specified Town of Banff parking zones for longer than posted limits.