Construction Activity – July 27 - Aug. 1
- Bear Street is closed to all vehicular traffic.
- There is no on-street parking on Bear Street throughout the reconstruction.
- Wolf Street intersection will remain closed until late August.
- Caribou Street intersection is closed.
- Excavation at the Willock & Sax Gallery for sanitary and water connections will close the north-south sidewalk for most of Monday.
- Closure of the Caribou Street sidewalk outside of Canada House will be required on Friday to remove the water line insertion valve after testing of the Zone 1 water lines. Access to the business entrances will not be restricted.
- Mid-block crosswalk(s) may be closed as needed, to allow trenching and replacement of water and sewer mains.
- We may need to access some buildings, with permission, to continue the temporary water connections. Intermittent service disruption may occur and will be planned with each buildings impacted.
- Wastewater flows are being bypassed overland with pumps and pipes. Sewer service to buildings will not be affected. Bypass pumps will have to run 24 hours per day and will be move about every 1.5 weeks as the pipe replacement continues until the waste water works is complete.
- Small sidewalk areas may be demolished adjacent to some buildings.
- Security lighting is in place. Extra caution should be used if the public needs to access the area at night.
- The temporary sidewalks will be re-levelled and re-compacted throughout the week. Expect vibrations.
- Expect intermittent sidewalk detours, vibrations, noise and dust.
With the parkades closing for at least the next month for the Bear Street Mall and the Town House Building, property owners and tenants seeking alternative parking options can use public parking listed at banffparking.ca
for extended hours if registered with the parkadelandlord.
Town of Banff Municipal Enforcement will permit registered vehicles
to park in specified Town of Banff parking zones for longer than posted limits. These zones include any 3-hour and longer time limited areas such as:
To be approved for extended parking in these lots, vehicle owners must provide their vehicle information (plate, province, make & colour) to their landlord
- the lot beside the Fire Hall on Beaver Street
- the Train Station Public Parking lot
- Bow Avenue
- The Bear Street Parkade (8 hour stalls – 2nd/3rd level only).
. Landlords will forward this information will then be forwarded to the Town of Banff.
Property owners and tenants seeking alternative covered parking may consider the Cascade Shops parkade (contact Martin Halliday, cell: 403-804-9400).