Detour required for access to Tunnel Mountain Trail
Access to the Tunnel Mountain Trail is now only possible via the upper trailhead on Tunnel Mountain Drive. The lower trailhead is completely inaccessible for at least the next four weeks as work continues on the manhole, water and sewer lines at the trailhead.For your own safety, please do not enter the construction site, unless you are resident of the street accessing your home.
Signage is in place to direct hikers to detour to Wolverine Street and up the Ken Madsen Path, through the Banff Centre, and up St Julien Way to Tunnel Mountain Drive and the upper trailhead. Large signs are placed at intersections, and "bread-crumb" lawn signs help hikers navigate the full route to Tunnel Mountain Drive.
Scheduled impact on residents for June 24 - July 3Most homes on St. Julien Road will have intermittent or complete closures of driveway access
next week. The red phases in the matrix schedule below indicate full-day closures, and the yellow phases indicate intermittent closures that involve constant movement of heavy vehicles and machinery
. Residents are asked to be extremely cautious when exiting their properties or entering the site, and to make sure to communicate with workers and flaggers on the site.
This week ahead, the status of resident-only access points
to St. Julien Road:
- St. Julien Way (top of road) access to St. Julien Rd: open until Tuesday, then closed June 29 - July 3.
- Wolverine Street entrance to St. Julien: open all week except closed July 28-30
- Wolverine St. back alley: closed all week
- Wolf Street entrance to St. Julien: open each day (with short-term closures) all week
These homes' driveways on St. Julien Road are scheduled for full-day closures next week
(schedules can change depending on weather):
St. Julien Road is closed to public access by vehicle, bicycle or by foot. St. Julien Road will be closed until October.
- 216, 218, 220 St. Julien Rd and 206 Grizzly (closed June 24-27)
- 208 and 210 St. Julien Rd. (closed June 24-28)
- 136 and 200 St. Julien and 135 Wolverine (closed June 28-July 3)
- 132 St. Julien (closed June 29- July 3)
View and download the UPDATED schedule matrix for impact on individual homes.