Celebrate Bike Month in the Town of Banff with these fun, free activities:
Try-it Biking - If you're new to biking or have never biked before, join biking coach Tracey Gage on this two hour program to give you the basics to become a successful rider.
Banff Elementary School Bike Rodeo - Volunteer for this fabulous fun event on two wheels. Help guide and cheer on about 100 students in Grades 2 and 3 as they hit the road with an RCMP escort and several on-route stations.
- Several short shifts available, between 9:30 a.m. and noon. No cycling experience needed, and anyone with traffic marshaling welcome!
- Wednesday, June 5, 9:30 a.m. – noon
- Contact Christine.LaRocque@banff.ca to volunteer.
Bike Maintenance Clinic - Snowtips/Bactrax staff will teach you how to change a flat, fix your chain and make other minor repairs. This workshop is about learning the basics every rider should know before heading out on the road or trails. For ages 14 .
Morning Bike & Hike - Enjoy a casual ride out to Sundance Canyon and then hike the canyon as a group. Bring a lunch for a picnic afterwards. For all ages.
Historical Bike Tour of Banff - Learn fun facts about the history of Banff while getting some fresh air and exercise. Led by the Town of Banff Heritage Coordinator. For ages 16 .
Big Red Ride - Ride to socialize or ride to exercise. All ability levels welcome on our four-seater 55 Adaptive Electric Bike. Call 403.675.3000. Free
- Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Starts June 4
- Volunteer to drive the Big RED Ride. If you're comfortable riding a bike, enjoy working with seniors, can commit to five rides and can attend some training sessions in May, please consider volunteering.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org