Our Specialty Camps provide exciting opportunities for learning, skill building and fun! With something for everyone, Specialty Camps are a great addition to any child’s summer!
Please note, programming is not available to participants who live outside of the Bow Valley.
Registration will open on June 2, at 8:30a.m. for residents of Banff and on June 9, at 8:30a.m. for residents of the Bow Valley. Please note, the Leader in Training (L.I.T.) program is open for registration for all Bow Valley residents June 2.
- Registration requests will be accepted on a first come, first served basis
- Registration requests will be accepted by email only -not in person or via phone
- Registration requests will only be accepted from 8:30a.m. onward on registration day. Those received prior to 8:30a.m. will not be considered.
- Registration requests are not a confirmed registration. Registrations will be confirmed by Client Services once your registration is processed and receipt received.
- If email is not accessible to you on opening registration day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28
- Waivers will be signed and witnessed on the child's first day of camp. Please ensure your child arrives with their primary caregiver on their first day.
Before you register:
- Please visit www.banff.ca/register and create an account for your family
- Decide which camps you would like for each child you are registering
- Have an emergency contact name and phone number, other than the child’s primary caregivers, ready to provide
- When registration is open to you, please send a registration request to email@example.com
- Include in your request:
- Your name
- Children’s names
- One or two phone numbers we can reach you during the daytime on weekdays
- A Client Services team member will phone within two business days to process your registration
- If Client Services is unable to connect within two business days of your request they will proceed with responding to other registrations requests in waiting
Survival is about attitude and skills; shelter, water, fire, food, tracking, awareness and adventure! Are you a Wild Child?
- Grades 4-6
- July 12-16, 8:30a.m.-3:30p.m.
- Fee: Resident $190/week Non-resident $217/week
- Location: Meet at Little Bow Shelter, Banff Recreation Grounds
- Wild Child Camp Info - Wk.1 (PDF)
- Wild Child Camp Info - Wk.2 (PDF)
Push With Purpose
Ignite your imagination, evolve your style and push with purpose! Explore many disciplines within skateboarding; from concrete parks and bowls, to grinds and technical tricks. This 1-day extravaganza of pure skateboarding culture is for the shredder in you!
Pre-requisite: Campers should have basic skateboarding skills (small drop in, kick turn, balance and ollie) and a desire to learn!
- Grades 4-7:July 23 , 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Grades 8-10 : August 27 , 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Fee: Resident $40/day Non-resident $50/day
- Location: Meet at Banff Skate Park
Leader In Training (L.I.T) - Registration for all Bow Valley residents opens June 2 for this program
Are you ready to lead? Join the Bow Valley Family Resource Network (BVFRN) and Summer Fun team for this two-week leadership development program. Learn what it takes to program plan, problem solve and work with children on their level. Find your own leadership style in our week of training - then practice your skills as a volunteer leader with the Summer Fun day camp program. All L.I.T. participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the program.
Note- participants must attend both weeks of the program to receive their certificate. If you have a youth interested in this program, outside of the grade range- we are currently wait listing if we are able to accommodate more participants. Please contact us if you would like to be added to the wait list.
- Grades 8-9
- Training component: July 26-30, 10:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
- Volunteer component: August 3-6, 9:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Fee: Bow Valley Family Resource Network programs are free of charge
- Location: Week 1- Fenlands Recreation Centre, Week 2- Banff Elementary School
Explore our local waters from a new point of view! With the support of professional coaches from the Bow Valley Kayak Club, participants will learn about kayaking equipment; access, navigation and maneuvering of waterways, safe kayak exits and working towards running our first ever white-water rapids!
Pre-requisite: Although strong swimming is not necessary, participants must feel confident in deep water. Learning how to be upside-down in a kayak is essential in preparing for river-running. All registrants must obtain a membership with the Bow Valley Kayak Club for insurance purposes. Camp fees have been reduced to accommodate the membership fee.
- Grades 8-10: August 9-13, 9:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Grades 6-7: August 16-20, 9:00am.-4:00p.m.
- Fee: Resident $210 Non-resident $265
- Location: Meet at Fenlands Recreation Centre
In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we live, work and play on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3) and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.
For more information, please call 403-762-1251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial assistance is available to help Banff families in sending their children to our summer programs. Visit Here to Help for eligibility requirements.