Out of School Club
The Out-of-School Club (OSC) is a licensed childcare program offering care for school aged children, September to June. With a focus on child-led play, exploration and natural curiosity, OSC aims to connect children through indoor and outdoor programming.
The OSC program hours compliment the Canadian Rockies Public School calendar- providing care during the after school hours, PD days, parent/teacher interviews, the staggered kindergarten entry and school breaks.
To maximize childcare space and deliver most effective service, we have changed our OSC groups this year. OSC's two program rooms are now the Norquay Room (formerly the Kindergarten OSC room) and the Cascade Room (formerly the Gr.1-6 OSC room). The Norquay Room will provide care to Kindergarten and Gr.1 participants. The Cascade Room will provide care to Gr. 1-6 participants.
Please note which room your child is registered for when you are making changes to your registration or seeking program information.
September Cascade Room OSC Calendar (PDF)
September Norquay Room OSC Calendar (PDF)
Out of School Club registration for the 2022-2023 school year will open August 3rd at 8:30a.m.
Registration Forms and Fees
Before you register:
- Complete a program registration form
- Have two emergency contact people on your registration form- including their name, phone number and full street address. Emergency contacts cannot be the child's primary caregivers.
- Complete a medication information form- only if your child will be bringing medication to the program
- Choose what dates you will require for care
- Create an account at www.banff.ca/register
- Call 403.762.1251 or email email@example.com
Hours & Location:
- 3 -6p.m. Monday to Friday on regular school days
- 8:30a.m.- 6p.m. on Fridays (for Kindergarten days off), PD days and parent teacher interviews
- 12p.m. -6p.m. on half day Fridays (for Grade 1-6)
- OSC is closed on weekends and statutory holidays
Out of School Club has two program rooms in the Banff Elementary School, located at 325 Squirrel Street. Both rooms are on the ground floor- Room #156 (Norquay Room, K-Gr.1) and Room #157 (Cascade Room, Gr.1-6).
Access is via the Big Horn Street doors of the school. Please note, doors will be locked during program hours. Please give your child's room window to the left of the doors a knock, or ring the doorbell to the left of the doors, and a staff will come to meet you.
Financial assistance is available to help Banff families in sending their children to our summer programs. Visit Here to Help for eligibility requirements.