Transportation Master Plan
Ways to Go
Banff's integrated Transportation Master Plan, updated over a 14-month period, with significant public consultation, was adopted by Council in principle in May 2013. Several short-term and long-term recommended actions in five key areas will help achieve the Banff Community Plan vision of a transportation system that:
- Encourages and complements pedestrian movement and cycling
- Enhances resident and visitor experience
- Encourages the integration of local and regional transportation of people and goods
- Is economically and environmentally sustainable
- Transportation Master Plan (PDF)
Since adoption, the Town has piloted a number of the recommendations, resulting in traffic and parking changes.
- Proposed Comprehensive Parking Management Plan (PDF)
- Banff Elementary School Travel Plan (PDF)
- Summer 2018 Transportation Overview Council Report (PDF)
- Summer 2018 Transportation Overview Slides (PDF)
- 2018 Parking Study and Reports (PDF)
- 2018 Traffic Data
- Local Transit Service Review Report by Dillon Consulting (PDF)
- Visitation Initiatives Council Report (PDF)
- 2017 Traffic Data
- Council Briefing: Summer 2016 Transportation Overview (PDF)
- Indigo 2016 Parking Study and Report (PDF)
- Length of Stay Study using BluFAX Monitoring Sensors in Banff (PDF)
- 2016 Traffic Data
Banff Long-Term Transportation Study
Other 2016 Initiatives
- Traffic Dashboard
- 2016 Traffic Data
- Key Findings 2015 and Addressing Congestion Long Term (PDF)
- Traffic Management (PDF)
- Vehicle Volumes, 2014 vs. 2015 (PDF)
- 2015 Summer Transportation Data (PDF)
- 2015 Summer Transportation Overview (PDF)
- 2015 Traffic Data
- Connect 2015 Addressing Congestion Short Term (PDF)
- Connect 2015 Addressing Congestion Long Term (PDF)
- Connect 2015 Parking Management (PDF)
- Why not add a fourth lane to the Bow River Bridge?
- Why doesn’t the Town build a new parkade?
- Why don’t you limit the number of cars that cross the Bow River Bridge, similar to the concept of restricting vehicles on the Moraine Lake Road?
- Why have scramble crosswalk intersections?
- How come the pedestrian crossing time at the scramble intersection is 25 seconds long?
- Why don’t you remove the mid-block crosswalks on Banff Avenue to eliminate traffic flow interruptions?