Each year, as a part of the budget process, council reviews the programs and services that the municipality provides. This process confirms the level of service for each program and the associated budget estimates. During Service Review, potential new projects, programs or service levels are identified and debated. Service Review is held during Governance and Finance Committee meetings. All meetings are open to the public.
Following completion of Service Review, Town Council is ready to finalize the budget for the year ahead, which affects the property tax rate set in the spring.
Public input is welcome at the beginning of each day on the topics for that day.
Speak to Council: Please complete this form to confirm your intent to speak at one of the dates below. The schedule below is tentative and subject to change. Contact the Municipal Clerk to ensure presentations are scheduled for the correct topic.
Write to Council: Banff residents are invited to submit input to Council about specific topics by email if sent at least two business days before the date the topic is scheduled for review (list below). Email the firstname.lastname@example.org with clear indication of the topic or service area.
Public submission requests will not be accepted nor included on the Agenda for topics that have already been addressed.
All emailed or written submissions received by deadline will be added to the Agenda of the Governance & Finance Committee Meeting on the designated date for the topic (listed below).
Visit and download Agendas for Service Review.
Tentative Schedule for 2023/2024 Service Review
Schedule and topics subject to change. This schedule represents one continuous meeting. Times are not scheduled for topics.
Wednesday, November 29 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Monday, December 4 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Introduction to Service Review
- Capital Budget
- Corporate Services/IT / GIS
- Other (Council Initiatives and Library)
- Human Resources
Wednesday, December 6 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Planning and Environment
- Community and Recreation Services
Monday, December 11 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
Wednesday, December 13 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Water Services
- Resource Recovery
Monday, December 18 (9a.m. – 5 p.m.)
(Council meeting will be cancelled)
- Banff Ave. Ped Zone
Wednesday, December 20 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Health and Safety
- Operations Administration
- Municipal Parks
Monday, January 8 (9 a.m. – noon)
Wednesday, January 10 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Wednesday, January 17 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- If needed
Previous Years Service Review and Budget Presentations
- 2023 Combined Service Review Documents (PDF)
- 2022 Council Handbook on Budget (PDF)
- 2022 Combined Service Review Document (PDF)
- 2021 Service Review Document (PDF)
- 2020 Service Review Document (PDF)
- 2019 Service Review Document (PDF)
- 2018 to 2020 Operating Budget (PDF)
- 2018 to 2027 Capital Budget (PDF)
- 2017 to 2019 Operating Budget (PDF)
- 2017 to 2026 Capital Budget (PDF)
- 2018 Service Review (PDF)
- 2017 Service Review (PDF)
- 2016 Service Review (PDF)
- 2016 to 2018 Operating Budget (PDF)
- 2016 to 2025 Capital Budget (PDF)
- 2015 to 2016 Capital Budget (PDF)
- 2015 to 2017 Operating Budget (PDF)