- Emergency Services
- Police - RCMP
Police - RCMP
The Town of Banff is policed by a local detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). RCMP officers preserve the peace, uphold Canadian law and respond to noise bylaw infractions.
Online Crime Reporting
Use this online tool to report less serious crimes occurring within the town of Banff area. All reports will be followed up with by a phone call from a police officer within five business days.
Use the link below to report the following crimes online:
- Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
- Theft of bicycle under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Theft from vehicle under $5,000
- Lost property
Incidents must also satisfy the following conditions to be reported online:
- No witnesses or suspects
- Item(s) lost or stolen must cost less than $5,000
- Vandalized property will cost less than $5,000 to repair
- There are no items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
Report a crime online at: https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/alberta
This tool provides a convenient way to report certain types of crime that are not time-sensitive. RCMP want all crime reported, no matter how small.
Reporting less serious crime online helps emergency call takers and frontline members focus their time on high-priority calls.
All reports of crime are taken seriously and crime reported online will be treated the same as crime reported in any other way.
Town of Banff RCMP Crime Map
This map is created for the public to view information on missing persons, stolen vehicle and incidents of crime. The points on the map are not placed at the exact location of the crime; they are placed at nearby intersections or regions to protect the privacy of individuals. The map displays information from the past 14 days.
If you have information on any crime, please call your local police detachment, Cimestoppers, 911 in case of emergency. DO NOT approach a missing person or interrupt what could be a crime in process.
By using this map, you understand and agree that:
- You understand not all stolen vehicles or missing persons are entered on this page.
- While Alberta Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) makes every effort to ensure accuracy and timely updates, delays inaccuracies and omissions can occur.
- You will not share information found on this website with others than RCMP or other law enforcement agencies.
- You will not embed this map, nor provide a link to this map without the express written consent of Alberta RCMP.
- You understand not all crimes are reported an not all reported crimes are displayed on the map.
- You understand that the exact locations of crimes are not depicted.