Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre
The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre is home to many public programs and community classes. Drop-in skating and shinny are offered during the winter months along with a variety of fitness and wellness classes.
The Fenlands is also home to the Fenlands Hockey and Skate Shop. Be sure to stop by and check out all the great gear and accessories on sale now or, rent some ice skates. Skate sharpening services are also available.
Public Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday to Friday
8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday & Sunday
Note: Facility hours may be extended for public programs and private bookings on a daily basis.
Register for a Program or Class
Register for programs or classes at The Fenlands at Banff.ca/Register.
To view the fall and winter class schedule and to access many of the great drop-in sessions at The Fenlands including public skating, yoga, dance and more visit, Banff.ca/dropin.
The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre includes two hockey rinks, four curling sheets, a concourse, concession, meeting rooms and a lounge. Facilities can be booked for private events, tournaments, and more. Check facility rental availability. For information about our current facility rental rates click here.
The Fenlands is home to:
- An NHL sized arena with 4 dressing rooms (Arena 2) and spectator bleachers for 90 persons.
- A full-sized arena with 4 dressing rooms (Arena 1) and spectator bleachers for 500 persons.
- A concourse with views of mountain vistas and capacity for 200 persons (note: private rentals not accepted from October to May annually).
- A full-service lounge and bar with capacity for 80 persons (note: private rentals not accepted from October to May annually, unless through the Banff Curling Club).
- Two modern meeting rooms with classroom audiovisual capabilities for between 40-50 persons.
- Arena dry floors, perfect for your next tradeshow, conference or large-scale special event. Each of the three arenas has a capacity between 400 – 700 persons (note: private rentals for the dry floors are not accepted from October to May annually).
- Public shower services has ended for season and will resume in May.
Family-owned and operated, Oh Bento Banff caters not only to our sports community during the winter at The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre, but also offers year-round local delivery and caters for weddings, private functions and special events. Some of our local favorites from their menu include the Bento Box, sushi rolls, burgers and pizza. Don’t forget to check out their specials! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegetarian options available)
Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Tuesday 5 – 8 p.m.
Thursday to Saturday 5 – 9 p.m.
Facility Rental Request Forms
To place a facility or ice rental request, please complete one of the following application forms:
Facility Rental Insurance Program
To purchase insurance for your next tournament, room rental or event at Town of Banff facilities, please visit banff.instantriskcoverage.com. Instant Risk Coverage is a third-party company offered through the AUMA. Clients may have their own insurance policy or wish to purchase through another private vendor. See this PDF for tips while filling out the application.
Curling in Banff
The Banff Curling Club operates the curling facilities at The Fenland from mid-September to April each year. The club offers private rentals, instruction, league play and a variety of drop-in programs. To learn more visit, banffcurlingclub.ca
Banff Minor Hockey & Skating Club
Banff Minor Hockey and Banff Skating Club are independent, non-profit children’s sporting organizations. Each organization offers a variety of affordable registered programs for local children and youth to learn and develop their ice skating and hockey skills. To learn more visit:
KidSport Bow Valley and the Canadian Tire Jumpstart programs provide funding to help qualifying families with registration and equipment fees. To learn more visit, https://kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/bow-valley/ and https://banff.ca/861/Jumpstart-Bow-Valley.