Fenlands Fitness Room
The Town of Banff is home to a small cardio and free weight room at The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Fitness room use includes:
- Shower and locker access
- Cardio equipment including treadmills, an elliptical, upright bike, recumbent bike, rower, spin bike and more.
- Strength equipment including dumbbells, half squat rack, Olympic flat bench, kettlebells and more.
- Stretching equipment including bands, mats, rollers and more.
Public Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. daily
Closed on public holidays
Note: Facility hours may be extended for public programs and private bookings on a daily basis.
2022 Drop-in & Pass Rates
|Pass Type||Adult (18-54)||Senior (55+)||Youth (12-17)||Child (5-11)||Family (up to 2 adults & their dependents who reside in the same household)|
Note: The Banff Activity Pass does not include access to The Fenlands Fitness Room – a drop-in fee, 3 month or 10 pass must be purchased. 3 Month and 10 Punch Passes can be used by non-residents for scheduled public drop-in sessions.
Fitness Room Rules & Etiquette
- Must aged be 16 or older to use the fitness room (Note: parent or guardian must sign the waiver for persons aged 16 – 17)
- Sign-in at the front desk each visit.
- Personal and/or private training not permitted.
- Store belongings in lockers in the changeroom. Small coin operated lockers for valuables located in the lobby.
- Treat all users with kindness and respect.
- Clean indoor running shoes, shirt and shorts must be worn.
- Food is not permitted.
- Do not make protein drinks in the sink as other users may have allergies or dietary restrictions.
- No pictures, videos and please use headphones if listening to music.
- Wipe down all equipment with the cleaner provided and dispose of cloths or paper towels in the appropriate bin.
- Limit use of cardio machines to 20 minutes when others are waiting.
- No heavy lifting or dropping of weights.
- Do not use more than one machine at a time.
- Chalk is not permitted.
- Collars are always required on bars.
- Neatly and gently stack all weights following use.
Maximum of 8 Persons