Parking Ticket Court Appeal

If you don’t pay your parking notice of offence, you will be issued a Provincial Violation Ticket with a “first appearance date.” Upon receipt of the violation ticket, you have the option to appeal your violation ticket to the Provincial Court of Alberta.  Instructions are on the violation ticket.  

You have three options:

  1. Pay the voluntary payment
  2. Plead not guilty by completing the appropriate section of the violation ticket and mailing that plea to Provincial Court
  3. Appear before a Justice of the Court on the “first appearance date” found on the violation ticket

If you select Option 2, complete the section on the violation ticket and mail your plea to Provincial Court.  A trial date will be scheduled by the court.

Unpaid fines will result in denial of Alberta Registries services until all outstanding amounts are paid.  

The Provincial Court of Alberta, Traffic Court is located at:
800 Railway Ave.
Canmore, Alberta
T1W 1P1

Disclaimer: In the event that the information on this website differs from the information on the Violation Ticket, the information on the Violation Ticket shall prevail.