Once residents (and licenced businesses) have registered their vehicles for a Resident Parking Permit, follow these steps to park:
Step 1: Find a parking space in the pay-parking zone downtown.
Step 2: Every time you park, you must register your licence plate.
- Blinkay mobile app
- or go to the PaytoParkBanff.ca website on your mobile phone
- or use the pay station machine to enter your licence plate number.
(It will recognize vehicles with a Resident Parking Permit.)
Step 3: Select the amount of time you want to park.
- You have 3 hours free every day. The system will recognize your plate and calculate free time.
- You can select 20-minute increments.
- By entering your time you want to park, you get to split up your 3 hours for different visits downtown.
Step 4: If you are using the mobile app, it will tell you if you are close to using up the time you selected and you can add time.
Step 5: If you are parking longer than your 3 free hours in a day, add extra time you wish to park. Pay for additional time on your mobile app, the website or at a pay station.
Step 6: Go to your destination. You do NOT need a receipt and you do NOT display anything in the vehicle.