Banff Avenue Rink
The Banff Avenue /High School Skating Rink is located on the Banff Community High School Field, between Elk Street and Wolf Street. The Town of Banff provides this skating rink for residents and visitors to enjoy. Skating provides mental and physical benefits, if done safely.
Due to provincial COVID restrictions, the capacity of the ice rink is limited. Use is managed by free registration.
Hours of Operation
The rink is open to the public 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (with registration, below) until January 11, when the high school has the ice reserved until 3 p.m.
COVID and Safety Requirements:
- Capacity is limited to 40 people at one time, according to provincial health directions
- Everyone must stay 2 metres away from anyone not from their household at all times
- Social gatherings are not allowed
- Groups of 10 people or fewer can visit the skating rink, but must maintain 2-metre distancing
- Shinny, hockey and passing are not permitted. Single-person stick-handling is permitted
- Masks must be worn arriving/departing and when changing into/out of skates. People are encouraged to wear masks while skating
- Open alcohol is not permitted in public areas
Violation of any of these requirements may subject the participant and any member of their party to removal and further possible action.
Benches are provided for skate changing. Public washrooms are located at the corner of Wolf Street. Fire pits and warming huts have been removed to avoid gatherings and enable physical distancing.
Release of Liability Waiver
By registering to participate, I hereby accept all of the inherent risks associated with such participation including the possibility of personal injury, death and property damage, infectious disease contracted through viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungi which may be transmitted through direct contact; negligence of other persons and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, or other loss. I HEREBY waive any and all claims I may have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue The Town of Banff, their employees, agents or representatives for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me, my child or party I register as a result of such participation, including, without limitation, negligence on the part of the Town of Banff, its agents and employees. By registering, I CONFIRM that I have read and understand this Release and agree that this Release shall be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and personal representatives.
Registration is Required
Reserve your time slot online at https://banffaverink.eventbrite.ca
Skate rentals are available in Banff: