Activities and Recreation Videos
Enjoy these free programs at home while you practice physical distancing.
IN CONSIDERATION of my participating in Town of Banff online programs, I hereby accept all of the inherent risks associated with such participation including the possibility of personal injury, death and property damage, or other loss. I HEREBY waive any and all claims I may have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue The Town of Banff, their employees, agents or representatives for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me or my child as a result of such participation, including, without limitation, negligence on the part of the Town of Banff, its agents and employees. I CONFIRM that I have read and understood this Release prior to participating and agree that this shall be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and personal representatives.
Sundays, 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. Gentle Flow Yoga with Angela
- Sundays, June 7 & 14
Greet the day together with optimism and gratitude as we experience each breath deeply, moving from posture to posture.
You will need:
- Yoga mat (if unavailable, a clear and clean area of floor that you can move freely on and that allows a good grip for bare hands and feet will do just fine)
If available, but not necessary:
- 1-2 throw blankets, that when rolled or folded offer a soft yet firm support in seated postures (a bath towel will work too)
- 1-2 Blocks
- 1 Strap (a belt, or non-stretchy scarf, or long piece of fabric will work too)
- 1-2 throw cushions or pillow
Banff Theater Collective
Sundays, May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2
The Banff Theater Collective is a collective group of friends who meet together to explore, create, and share the theatre experience in Banff. We are building a like-minded energetic community to create theatre and share information of arts and entertainment events in the Bow Valley.
Under normal circumstances meetings are every Sunday evening in person, however, given our current situation, they will be trying out having meetings on-live via Zoom meetings. Everyone welcome.
Growing your own Garden in the Bow Valley
Farmer Brooke and Farmer Christian will be developing a gardening series for beginner and seasoned gardeners alike. They will be developing a demonstration garden and will be filming every step of the way to teach and share with our community.
Check back often to see their latest video.
- Video 1 – Introduction: https://youtu.be/eqxpAFaMhBE
- Video 2 – Finding a Place to Garden (regardless of your living situation) https://youtu.be/ivvCEeqejp8
Instructors are teaching free of charge to allow for free programming to the community. If you wish to provide a donation for their services directly to the instructor, please inquire with them before or after class on how you may do so. It is not expected or required.
We have taken all the precautions putting these kits together. Everything has been washed and disinfected.
To participate in this lending program and have equipment dropped off at your home, please do so here: banff.ca/register. Choose Spring / Summer, then fitness or yoga depending on what you wish to borrow.
You can also email email@example.com or call 403 762-1251. Delivery within 48 hours.
- Small kit contains: mat and strap
- Large kit contains: mat, strap and 2 blocks
- Yoga mat should be cleaned after every use. Straps should be cleaned with clothes in the washing machine and air dried once per week.
FAMILY FUN KITS
- Each Kit contains: 3 little pots with soil and seeds (for you to grow and keep)
- Sidewalk chalk (for you to keep)
- Outdoor nature cooking supplies, bowl, measuring utensils, cupcake tin, 2 wooden spoons 2 gardening tools (to be returned)
- Winter and Spring Scavenger Hunt (to be returned)
We are lending out sporting equipment during this time of physical distancing for you to practice your skills and maybe even learn some new ones in your own backyard, porch or basement.
We kindly ask that you only request 2 items maximum so others can benefit from the use of equipment as well.
- Soccer balls
- Birdies & racquets – set of 2
- Ping pong ball x mini whiffle balls
- Skipping ankle loops
- Foam Rollers
- Exercise Balls
- Exercise Balls with stability nubs
- 20 exercise skipping ropes
- 5 Lacrosse sets (4 rackets + 2 tennis balls)
- 6 Hula Hoops (kids size)
- 2 Hula Hoops (large weighted)
- Grow your own salad kits
Please join Miss Erin for fun and interactive series of educational and engaging story times. We hope these videos provide you and your family the time and space to connect with one another, laugh, play and enjoy the great outdoors.
We know in these uncertain times, everyone is doing the best they can with the amount of time cooped up at home. We often feel this pressure to find lists of ideas, resources and activities to help fill our days. And while it’s necessary to find some degree of structure throughout the day, research has proven the importance of unstructured time – how beneficial that can be for healthy development, especially with kids. We sometimes fear boredom, but studies show so many benefits that come from being bored.
So during these weeks ahead, cut yourself some slack. We’re all doing the best we can.
Unstructured Time for Adults
Come out and enjoy our community while practicing physical distancing.