Step into a pair of skis and glide your way around Banff National Park's spectacular landscape. Whether you prefer classic or skate skiing, cross-country skiing is wonderful way to explore Banff, get your heart rate going and enjoy nature. The cross-country season generally runs mid-November to March.
Easy Trails near the Town:
- Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court Campground – 4.9 kilometre loop
Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court Campground provides basic level track-set cross-country and skate skiing trails close to the Town of Banff. Dusk to dawn lighting will expand your skiing experience into the evening. During daylight hours, enjoy two additional treed loops behind Trailer Court. Heated washrooms are available on site in Village 2 Campground. These ski trails are made possible thanks to a partnership between Parks Canada, Town of Banff and the Banff Nordic Ski and Track Setters Society.
- Brewster Creek – 10.5 kilometres one way to Sundance Lodge
- Cascade Valley – 6.4 kilometres one way to the Cascade River
- Spray River – 5.7 kilometres from west trailhead to Spray River turnaround
- Goat Creek – 18.7 kilometres one way from trailhead south of Canmore
- Redearth Creek – 14 kilometres one way to Shadow Lake Lodge
Find out more about these trails and download a map from Parks Canada.
Rentals, lessons and guided tours are available in town.